Sunday 18 May 2008

New Home.....


Hiya everyone, hope you've all had a good weekend. Please don't mention the football, Ryan is so upset that Cardiff lost yesterday. He's a massive Bluebirds fan, we got him a season ticket as part of his birthday pressie, which he was sooooooo chuffed with. I thought they played really well, not to mention getting to the final, that's a huge achievement itself, but nothing will console him at the mo. Ah well, nevermind.
Back to crafting......lol!! I have had the Magnolia bench and houses stamp for ages and not used them until today. So decided to have a little 'me' time and this is what I came up with. Not what I would usually do, but sometimes it's good to get out of your 'comfort zone' (so to speak).
Papers are from the K & Co pad 'Roam', Faux stitches are stamps from HOTP. Flora Doodle flower from Joanna Sheen. Images are coloured with Whisper pens.
I think I' ll pop back to my craft room and have another little play. I received the QVC DCWV TSV earlier in the week, may have to have a little play with that now...he! he!
Thanks for popping by, will do some blog hopping later on. TTFN xx vicki xx

17 comments:

Suzanne said...

Tell him there is no disgrace they did him proud!!! And you have done the stamps proud beautiful card, saw the TSV but was strong and didn't order hope I don't live to regret my decision!!! Sue :o)

Natalie said...

This is lovely Vicki, I love how you have made all the stamps work together, looks great. x

kerry said...

Vicki, I love everything about this!! LO of the images & how you've coloured them. The stitching around the edge, really sets the card off. FAB!!
Kerry xxx

Maria's Cards said...

WOW. This card is amazing. I love it. Your colouring is FAB. I think I might have to buy the town and bench stamp now as they look so effective together. Maria x

Julie said...

Hi Vicki..This card looks so effective, loving the stitching.x

Jenn said...

Wow so much detail in the card!!! Let me say first that your coloring is FABULOUS!!! I love the little houses...they are perfect and your faux stitching adds a nice little touch!!! TFS! :D

Jenn

Cass said...

Gorgeous card Vicki.Love the colours you've used and the little houses are so cute.Fab faux stitching too. thanks for the comments on my mini book.You'd LOVE a BIA...lol.I'm sorry I'd left mine in it's box for so long (since before Christmas)I'll definitely be using it more now.

Cass xx

Sharon said...

Love this card Vikki, you've made all the images work well together.
Sharon :-)x

Noleen said...

Lovely card. My SIL hasjust bought her first house so i'll have to make a new home card soon (about time- i havent made one in ages)...Noleen xx

sillymonkeycrafts said...

I love the card and can't believe you had those stamps and hadn't used them yet - stamp abuse!!!

Thanks for adding us to your list of places to spend your hubby's money!

tracie said...

fabulous card, love the stamp they look so great together :-)x

nessy said...

wow , vicki ,you have put so much work into this ~it`s fab!!
vanessa xx

Han said...

This is gorgeous xx

Julie said...

Love your card Vicki, gorgeous colours

Anita Knits said...

Wow, this is great. I've yet to try using the accessories from Magnolia, but have a few, so as you say I must get out my comfort zone!!! Look forward to seeing what you do with the TSV.

Michelle Short said...

WOW! What a great card Vicki, I love how you have combined all the stamps togther - stunning xx

Beth said...

This is fab! I love the little collage you've made and you're colouring is great!