Wednesday 23 July 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!!!!!

This Friday is my fathers birthday, I can hardly believe he will be 72, where on earth has time gone, seems only yesterday he was chasing me around and playing with me now he is such a frail old looking man and since my mum died, he has really become withdrawn and not interested in going anywhere or doing anything. We only live on the next estate and he doesn't come over unless I ring him to have dinner with us, then he would rather pick his dinner up and take it home to eat it on his own, stubborn as a mule he is. Anyway for the above card I've torn some script velum and adhered it with eyelets to Basic Grey paper, images are Magnolia which have been coloured using distress inks. The letter tiles are cheapie ones from the walkaround store What!!! As for the sentiment, I won Laurels blog candy a little while ago which was a fabby stamp set by Close to my Heart, with some gorgeous flourishes and lovely sentiments, many thanks again Laurel.
Sue very kindly sent me a load of High Hope images, many thanks again Sue, so I thought this would be ideal to my dad of my kiddies, as my father loved going fishing in his younger days, I would often go with him. Papers are dovecraft, I think, I've added a few drops of glossy accents to the splashes on the image, don't think it shows too well on the piccie though. Nestabilites scallop shapes and cuttlebug embossing folder. Well I think thats me nearly up to date with everything, got quite a few more cards to make but goodness knows when I'm going to have time to make them..lol!!! xx vicki xx

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Great card again Vicki! What it fab to pick up a few nik naks isnt it think i will be popping in there again soon.

Jill said...

wow Vicki these are gorgeous. Jill x

Natalie said...

Both the cards are great, I love the tiles on the first card. x

kerry said...

Great cards Vicki! Love them both.
I hope your Dad has a fab birthday.

I know what you mean about stubborn Dads as they get older...my Dad's just the same!! lol
Kerry xxx

Michelle Short said...

They are both great Vicki, I love the distressing on the first one with the eyelets and vellum, love the dad tiles too. The second is fab colours and great layout too ... your colouring is fab on them both xx

Suzanne said...

Two gorgeous cards I love the vellum on the first one and you have done a great job with the HH image. Sue :o)