Friday 14 August 2009

Stampin for the Weekend - Challenge #11

Hiya peeps, hope your all keeping well. Friday is upon us, so that means it's time for another Stampin for the Weekend challenge. Firstly I'd like to thank all who entered last weeks challenge and made some wonderful cards with my lil sketch.

The theme this week is "Days Gone By", where we would like you to create a vintage looking card. I have to say I really loved making this one. I bought some crackle accents a while back and having been bursting to use them, so this challenge was the perfect opportunity.

I've used K & Co papers, which have been a lil distressed and had the edges inked. Flowers are Prima and the Roses from Wild Orchid Crafts have been Glimmer Misted. The Sugar Nellie image has been coloured with Distress Inks, Crackle Accents applied on top, which took forever to dry. Raffia from my stash and the lil pin I made myself with some beads also from my stash. The sentiment is Stampin Up.

Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp and Heidi is offering a $25 gift voucher to the lucky winner.

My lovely teamies have made some gorgeous creations with this weeks theme, why not check them out for yourself. I do hope you'll be able to join in with our "Days Gone By" challenge over at SFTW, you could just be the lucky winner.

We had a lovely lil holiday and thankfully my house was as I left it. Tom & Ryan did really well at keeping it all lovely and clean while we were away. My daughters are still in West Wales with Stephens parents, our house is sooooo quiet and I'm lost without them but they will be home tomorrow. This week has been really strange, firstly we went away without the boys and now we are without the girls, talk about a split family hey....but the break has done wonders for me, just what I needed after the last few months.

I hope you all enjoy your weekend and the weather stays sunny for us all.
Luv 'n' hugs
xx vicki xx

For all those who don't already know, the very talented Donna is releasing a brand new disc, Designer Extreme Vol. 111. The launch kicks off with a fab Blog Hop tomorrow 15th August why not check it out, there's sure to be some candy up for grabs too.

19 comments:

Nancy said...

Morning Vicki:O) Have to say that your sketch was great to work with.
Your card for this week is beautiful! Love the Dp's and the wonderful colours. The Crackle Accents on the image is a great touch. I have that technique on my list of have to try out. Love the Raffia and your lil pin is brilliant.
Have a wonderful weekend, hun.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Kimmi said...

Beautiful card Vicki. I love the pinks :D I went for dark colours but know that vintage can be ANY colour now :D Lovely image and that crackle glaze is lovely! Super colouring on your SN image.

Hugs

Kimmi x

Unknown said...

Fabulous Card Vicki, love the vintage look. Hugs Avril xx

Penni said...

Love this card Vicki. Great distressing, I love the crackle glaze.

Hugs
Penni
X

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, love the crackle effect on the image. Hope you are well.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, so much detail & I love the pin.
hugs
Sharon x

Anonymous said...

Baeutiful card Vicki,
Sue x

Jill said...

beautiful card Vicki I love the distressed/vintage look, so pleased you all had a lovely break, hugs Jill xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Vicki,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Di said...

Oh vicki this is just gorgeous i love the way you have distressed it mine hjust looks like a rag yours looks brill!! love the crackle glaze too!

Just brill Hugs Di xxxx

Rach said...

A gorgoeus card, love the distressing that you have done.. hugs rachxx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, wonderful papers an such a sweet image, love the distressing.
luv
Debby

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Lovely papers and I like the raw edges! Pretty flowers!

Sunny regards, Renata

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful card and stunning embellishment!
Hugs,
Cabio

Sheila said...

Fabulous card Vicki, love the soft colours on this, gorgeous flowers:).All in all a fab vintage look.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Juls said...

wow this is just gorgeous! Love the crackle effect over the main image! love it!

Maria's Cards said...

Hi Vicki, Fabulous card, I love those flowers. x

Anne said...

Wow! This card is great! Your coloring is fab and the crackel glaze lovely.

Hugs,
Anne

Vanja said...

Stunning card, Vicki! Wonderful colouring and papers. The image is beautiful and this stamp is #1 on my wishlist.:)
Hugs, Vanja