Friday 9 October 2009

Stampin for the Weekend is back...yay!!!!!!

Due to Donna's ill health and the tragic death of Kimmi's brother, SFTW was put on hold but I am so glad to tell you all that our lovely Stampin for the Weekend challenge blog is back to our usual Friday slot. So this week theme is a colour challenge.  We'd like you to create a project using the colours

ORANGE, BROWN and LEAFY GREEN


Our sponsor Heidi from Simon Says Stamp has once again very generously donated a $25 gift token for the lucky winner to spend.


We have two fabby guest designers this week, Sue and Jerusha have created the most gorgeous cards, thank you ladies for joining us at SFTW

So here's my lil card.  D'ya know I received my Manga stamps over a month ago and what with one thing and another I've not had chance to ink them up, apart from this one, the other two are still in their sealed packs....I love these Basic Grey "mellow" papers so appropriate for this weeks colour challenge. The edges have been distressed, then machine sewn. The sentiment is Stampin Up , corner punch with some pearly gems which Michelle kindly gave me as a birthday present along with a huge bundle of delish crafting goodies, thank you again Michelle for your wonderful present. 

This is the first card I have made in almost three weeks, my craft room has well and truly been neglected, it's was really hard to get back into the swing of things, so to speak but I hope to be back soon with some more cards, as I still have some orders to make.


Don't forget to check out my lovely SFTW teamies creations, they've all come up trumps again this week, well done girlies.  Unfortunately Donna is still poorly, (I hope you make a speedy recovery sweetie and take time out for yourself, you deserve it chick).  I like to say a huge thank you to Kimmi for organising the return of Stampin for the Weekend, after all she has been through, this lady is a true inspiration to everyone..((((((HUGS)))))))

Well my fab lil hubby is the BIG 40 today, (happy birthday chunk), so lots of celebrations going on today and over the weekend, I just can't believe he's 40...I'd better be careful cos he'll only get me back next year....lol!!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, lots of love 'n' crafty hugs xx vicki xx

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Morning Sunshine:O) Happy Birthday to your Hubby:O) Your card is gorgeous, love the adorable Manga girl. She is perfect to the fabulous papers. Lovely work! It is great to be back Stampin'.
Hope you and your family will have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Kimmi said...

Morning Vicki...

I love this little image and your whole card is beautiful. Love the orange/brown flower, really stands out and your little manga girl is coloured perfectly!

Happy Birthday to the man in doors!! The big 40 eh? Lots of celebrations then hehe!! Have fun!

Have a wonderful weekend xx

Kimmi xx

Mandy said...

Morning hun, it's good to see you back and sounding happy.
Beautiful card, fab image and gorgeous colours, beautifully coloured as always.
Happy birthday to hubby and have a fab weekend
hugs Mandy xx

Penni said...

Wow, Stunning Card Vicki. I love these papers and your image is so perfect.

Have a good day.

Hugs
Penni
X

clare said...

Morning fellow welsh friend xx

WOW..what a gorgeous card..love the image and those colours are fab together...with re to the forgotten stamps..no worries ill help you ink them up..when i come and visit...lol

Happy birthday to steve..hope you all have a lovely day/weekend xx

fingers crossed now you've made this card hun your MOJO will be back to stay..speak soon hugs clare xx

text you later xx

Cass said...

Gorgeous card Vicki.Love the autumn colours.
Hope you have a fab weekend celebrating.40's not all bad...lol
Cass xxx

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is a supercute card. Love the image and the choice of papers on this card.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs Gunn :-D

Natalie said...

Beautiful card Vicki. x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card, adorable image.
luv
Debby

nessy said...

gorgeous card vicki ~love those colours together ~and wow love these images ~and those papers are just perfect with her!!
hope your having a great weekend
vanessa xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Vicki
A gorgeous card,
Hugs Dianne xx

Elaine said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki!

I've yet to ink up my Manga stamps too! Eep!